American Municipal Power-Ohio, Inc. (AMP-Ohio)
- (Statewide coordinating group for bulk power supply for Ohio municipal electric systems) Legal opinion regarding state and federal jurisdiction over transmission and interconnection.
Archbold, City of
- (Ohio municipality) Performed analysis of legal issues in study of feasibility of establishing a municipal electric system.
Bowling Green, City of
- (Electric system purchasing wholesale power (1990 peak load of 55 MW)) Review of power purchase contracts.
Brook Park, City of
- (Municipality (pop. approx. 25,000)) Investigate the legal feasibility of establishing a municipal electric system to replace retail electric service by the Cleveland Electric Illuminating Company.
Bryan, City of
- (Electric system owning and operating facilities and purchasing wholesale power) Specialized representation relating to: (1) Transfer of wholesale power relationship from Toledo Edison Company to Ohio Power Company; (2) Interconnected utility operations; (3) purchase of generating unit and construction of transmission facilities; (4) purchases of natural gas; (5) negotiation and drafting of contract for purchase of power from biomass generating facility; and (6) employment and labor relations. General representation in connection with development hybrid fiber-coaxial broadband system for cable television and internet applications, development of agreements with for internet, cable television and closed circuit video communications systems. Also provide specialized representation to City Departments on labor and employment matters.
Cleveland Public Power, City of Cleveland
- (Largest municipal electric system in Ohio) Specialized representation relating to: (1) Proposed power sales contract with state-wide agency for acquisition of thermal generation; and (2) Misc. matters regarding CPP's membership in state-wide organization.
Clyde, City of
- (Municipal electric system) Specialized representation concerning (1) establishment of municipal electric system to replace Toledo Edison Company, and system operation; (2) negotiation and drafting of contract for purchase of power from biomass generating facility.
Edgerton, City of
- (Municipal electric system) Investigating options for alternative power supply.
Hamilton City of
- (Electric system owning and operating thermal and hydroelectric generating facilities and purchasing wholesale power); natural gas system owning and operating facilities and purchasing wholesale natural gas) Specialized representation relating to litigation against Vanceburg, KY challenging validity of "take or pay" power sales contract and Vanceburg's related bond issues ($140 million) - (1) FERC natural gas rate and certificate filings by Hamilton's interstate pipeline supplier, Texas Gas Transmission Corp., and others; (2) contracts with natural gas transportation customers; (3) comments on FERC rulemaking procedures; and (4) contract negotiations with new pipeline suppliers (Trunkline, Texas Eastern and ANR) and representation in resulting FERC proceedings.
Minerva, City of
- (Municipality) Prepared legal analysis of issues and feasibility of establishing a municipal electric system to replace electric service by the Ohio Edison Company.
Montpelier, City of
- (Municipal electric system) Investigating options for alternative power supply; review of power supply contracts; review of contracts, ordinances, and background studies for participation in and FERC licensing of a hydroelectric project on the Ohio River; General representation concerning transmission, power supply and water system issues.
Northwest AMP-Ohio Service Group
- (Power pooling group of 13 Ohio municipal electric systems (Bowling Green, Bradner, Custar, Edgerton, Elmore, Genoa, Haskins, Montpelier, Napoleon, Oak Harbor, Pemberville, Pioneer and Woodville)) Legal analysis of proposed purchase of hydroelectric project.
Ohio Municipal Electric Generating Agency-Joint Venture No. 4
- (City of Bryan and Villages of Edgerton, Montpelier and Pioneer) (Joint venture among four Ohio municipalities for the ownership, operating and expansion of 69 kV transmission system for mutual interconnection and other purposes) Defense of multiple litigation brought by The Toledo Edison Company and others challenging municipalities' right to construct, own and operate 69 kV transmission facilities, and to serve 10 MW industrial customer, located outside of municipal limits. Advice on drafting joint venture agreement, enabling legislation and various other municipal joint venture contractual arrangements.
Ohio Municipal Electric Group (OMEG)
- (Municipal electric systems of Arcadia, Bloomdale, Bryan, Carey, Clyde, Cygnet, Deshler, Greenwich, Ohio City, Plymouth, Republic, St. Clairsville, Shelby, Shiloh, Sycamore, Wharton and Wapakoneta, Ohio) Defense against rate filings before FERC by Ohio Power Company and American Electric Power Service Corporation including successful litigation before U.S. Supreme Court; Advice on acquisition of share of Ohio's allocation of PASNY power available to non-New York preference customers; Advice on certification by the FCC and regulation of cable TV basic service and equipment rates; Negotiation and drafting of wholesale power supply contracts.
Pioneer, City of
- General representation in connection with electric service agreements with industrial customers, establishment of 69 kV transmission interconnection, other electric transmission issues.
Rittman, City of
- (Municipality) Legal study of feasibility of establishing a municipal electric system to replace retail electric service by the Ohio Edison Company.
St. Clairsville, City of
- (Municipal electric and water system) Review of water sales contract, relationship with other utilities.
Wapakoneta, City of
- (Municipal electric system) Advice on economic development and electric service to new industrial load.