Ashley M. Bond
1730 Rhode Island Ave, NW, Suite 700
Washington, DC 20036
Ashley joined Duncan & Allen as an Associate in September of 2009. Her practice focuses on the representation of consumer-owned utilities before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), federal and state courts, and state utility regulatory agencies. Ashley has represented and advised electric municipalities and cooperatives on issues relating to contract negotiation, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory compliance, and litigation.
Ashley is a 2009 graduate of the George Mason University School of Law in Arlington, Virginia. While attending law school, Ashley worked for Duncan & Allen as a Summer Associate, worked for the Regulatory Rewrite Project within the Secretary’s Office of the Department of Veterans Affairs, and interned with the Civil Division of the United States Attorney’s Office for the Western District of Missouri.
Ashley completed her Bachelor of Arts degree cum laude at the University of Kansas, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences in Lawrence, Kansas and was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa in 2006.
Areas of Practice
- Contract negotiation
- Administrative law
- Regulatory compliance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Electric power
- Public utilities
- Two North Carolina cities in opposition to a $26 billion utility merger which would create the largest electric utility in the country.
- A Kansas municipality in a contract dispute with an industrial customer.
- A Montana Consumer Organization in its opposition to a major utility’s sale of its interest in a large coal-fired generation plant.
- Multiple California municipalities in multi-party litigation resulting from the California electricity crisis before both State and Federal courts.
- A Maine municipality in its efforts to modify its tariff with a major utility to accurately reflect that a substation was directly connected to Pool Transmission Facilities.
- Advising a generation and transmission cooperative on changes in the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission’s Standards of Conduct and Reliability Standards.
- University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS (B.A. 2006, cum laude), Phi Beta Kappa
- George Mason University, Arlington, VA (J.D. 2009)
- University College Cork, Cork Ireland. Irish literature & History Course, 2004
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Energy Bar Association
- Women’s Energy Network
- 2008 - Present | Associate, Duncan & Allen
- 2007 - 2008 | Law Clerk, United States Department of Veterans Affairs (Office of the Secretary's Regulatory Rewrite Project), Washington, DC
- 2007 | Intern, United States Attorney's Office for the Western District of Missouri (Civil Division), Kansas City, MO