Braintree Electric Light Department
- (Municipal electric system) Representation at FERC in matters involving electric transmission issues, wholesale power market and Regional Transmission Organization matters, Reliability Must Run ("RMR") agreements, interstate gas pipeline certification and rates and restructuring of services as related to natural gas procurement for electric generating facilities.
Braintree, Reading and Taunton
- (Ad hoc group of municipal electric systems) Advice and litigation concerning: NEPOOL Agreement restructuring and FERC Order 888 matters; Regional Transmission Organization formation, structure, governance, and rate issues (return on equity “incentives” to transmission owners); Regional Transmission Organization formation and governance and Independent System Operator tariff and revenue requirement matters.
Concord Municipal Light Plant
- Advice and litigation relating to Regional Transmission Organization, Locational Installed Capacity (“LICAP”) initiative, development and implementation of Forward Capacity Market, opposition to Reliability Must-Run (“RMR”) agreements and rates, telecommunications issues.
Citizens Energy Corp./Citizens Power & Light Corp
- (Innovative energy company dedicated to helping meet energy needs of poor and elderly) Specialized representation relating to creation of CEC's electricity program, obtaining the first power marketing authorization from FERC, and continuing development of unique energy transactions (Citizens Energy Corporation, 35 FERC 61,198 (1986)); appeal of FERC Order No. 500 for Citizens Gas Supply Corporation; development and financing of two 500 kV merchant transmission projects in Southern California in joint ventures with San Diego Gas & Electric, the City of Los Angeles and the Imperial Irrigation District in which all revenues over costs will be devoted to assisting poor and elderly energy consumers pay their energy costs.
General Dynamics Corporation
- (Quincy Shipyard Division and Electric Boat Division) Diversified major industrial corporation) Special representation before FERC on electric power rates and importation of liquefied natural gas.
Hingham Municipal Lighting Plant
- General legal services relating to power supply and transmission issues, litigation concerning Reliability Must Run ("RMR") agreements and power supply agreement counterparty bankruptcy and contract termination, unit entitlement contract for participation in development of generation.
Massachusetts Municipal Electric Systems (32 total) and Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company
- (Municipal joint action agency) Counseling on and comments to FERC on regional transmission groups and transmission pricing; representation in connection with Boston Edison Company Order 888 filing.
Selected Massachusetts Electric Systems
- (Electric Systems of Boylston, Braintree, Georgetown, Littleton, Princeton, Reading, Rowley, Shrewsbury, Taunton and West Boylston, Massachusetts) Specialized representation involving defense against Northeast Utilities/Public Service of New Hampshire merger (FERC and SEC) and development of regional transmission arrangement.
Reading Municipal Light Department
- (Municipal electric system (2005 peak load of 165 MW)) Defense against FERC rate filings of Boston Edison Company. Litigation and counseling and litigation concerning New England Power Pool restructuring and governance negotiations; Regional Transmission Organization and Independent System Operator development, implementation and governance; capacity market development and implementation (Locational Installed Capability and Forward Capacity Market); interconnection issues, RMR agreements, power supply counterparty bankruptcy and contract termination, unit entitlement contract for participation in development of generation.
Regional Transmission Agency Steering Committee (RTASC)
- (Coalition of all Massachusetts publicly owned electric systems) File initial and reply comments in FERC Notice of Inquiry Concerning Commission's Pricing Policy for Transmission Services Provided by Public Utilities Under the Federal Power Act.
Taunton Municipal Lighting Plant
- (Municipal electric system) Representation before SEC on joint-ownership generating station matters, representation before FERC in matters involving interstate pipeline rates and restructuring of services related to natural gas procurement for electric generating facilities and counseling on regional transmission groups; advice and litigation in connection with New England Power Pool restructuring under FERC Order No. 888, Regional Transmission Organization and Independent System Operator formation, governance, tariff and related matters; litigation concerning local second contingency protection requirements and other ISO-related costs.
Wellesley Municipal Light Plant
- Representation before FERC concerning contractual right to treatment as interconnected to Pool Transmission Facilities (high voltage grid) (Boston Edison Co. v. FERC, 441 F.3d 10 (1st Cir. 2006), various other transmission and power supply matters, RMR Agreements, capacity market issues (Locational Installed Capability and Forward Capacity Market), RMR agreements, demand response issues, telecommunications and telecommunications infrastructure access and barriers-to-entry issues.