Kenneth M. Holmboe
1730 Rhode Island Ave, NW, Suite 700
Washington, DC 20036
Kenneth joined Duncan & Allen as an Associate in January of 2015. His practice focuses on the representation of consumer-owned utilities before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), federal and state courts, and state utility regulatory agencies. Kenneth has represented and advised electric municipalities and state agencies on issues relating to contract negotiation, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory compliance, and litigation.
Kenneth graduated magna cum laude from Temple University Beasley School of Law in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 2014. While attending law school, Kenneth interned at the U.S. Department of Justice Counterterrorism Division and the Department of Homeland Security Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and was a judicial intern for the Honorable Susan Peikes Gantman of the Superior Court of Pennsylvania. Kenneth also was a visiting student the University of Oxford, New College for the Michaelmas Term where he studied the law of war and international human rights.
Kenneth completed his Bachelor of Arts degree at Franklin & Marshall College in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
Areas of Practice
- Contract negotiation
- Administrative law
- Regulatory compliance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Electric power
- Public utilities
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- A group of New England consumer-owned utilities in assuring the appropriate base return on common equity for New England transmission utility owners
- A California client seeking to obtain the Federal Aviation Administration’s permission to use unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs)
- An Arizona Electrical District in disputing undue discrimination in the characterization of tariff-based transmission service provided in rollover from partial requirements service to transmission-only service
Kenneth M. Holmboe is admitted only in Virginia. Practice limited to federal agencies pursuant to D.C. Ct. App. R. 49(c)(2).
- Franklin & Marshall College, Lancaster, PA (B.A. 2011)
- Temple University, Philadelphia, PA (J.D. 2014, magna cum laude), Order of the Coif, Temple Law Review, Rubin Public Interest Law Honor Society
- University of Oxford, New College, (Visiting Student) Oxford, United Kingdom. Law of War & International Human Rights, 2013
- 2015 - Present | Associate, Duncan & Allen
- 2014 | Legal Intern, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- 2013 | Legal Intern, U.S. Department of Justice, Counterterrorism Section
- 2012 | Judicial Intern, The Honorable Susan Peikes Gantman of the Superior Court of Pennsylvania